Dr. William Chen, M.D., F.A.C.S., attended U.C. Berkeley and graduated with Distinction in Biochemistry and Zoology. He holds a medical degree from the St. Louis University School of Medicine. He completed his residency training in Comprehensive Opthalmology at U.C.L.A., Jules Stein Eye Institute, and followed up with a Fellowship training in Eye Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Emory University.
In demand as a speaker on his specialty in this country and abroad, Dr. Chen has published numerous scientific articles and chapters in textbooks, as well as being the author of six medical textbooks.
Dr. Chen's Registration and Membership in Professional
* Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners, 1977
* Diplomate, American Board of Ophthalmology, 1981
* Fellow, American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 1981; and Member of the Education Committee, 1989-1995
* Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology, 1981
* Fellow, American College of Surgeons, 1985
* Member, " Blepharoplasty Society"
* Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, U.C.L.A.; Jules Stein Eye Institute
* Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery, U.C. Irvine College of Medicine
* Visiting Professor and Keynote Speaker, Monash University. 16th Advanced Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Workshop, sponsored by Melbourne Institute of Plastic Surgery and Advanced Plastic Surgery Education Foundation, Melbourne, Australia, February 2012